Pray: Bulgaria writer workshop
Writers in Bulgaria will hone book writing skills this June 3rd to 7th from MAI-Europe trainers with local host Mission Possible Bulgaria. Author Marion Stroud (pictured right in photo at right) and writer coach/literary agent Alice Crider will train writers to move from writing magazine articles to book- length manuscripts. Author Marion Osgood (below left) of the British Association of Christian Writers will offer prayer and individual support for participants.
In 1998, when Svetlana Karoleva (pictured left in photo at right) and Daniela Encheva (below right) of Mission Possible Bulgaria first launched Leah, a Christian magazine for Bulgarian women, they couldn't find local Christian writers. All articles had to be translated into Bulgarian.
Since then, upon their request, MAI has helped offer multiple trainings for local writers. Svetlana has continued leading an ongoing monthly writer club since 2002. As a result, magazine articles are now written by local authors and speak to the heart of women's needs in Bulgaria.
Today Daniela and Svetlana dream of creating the Leah Library. Their aim is to publish a basic core of books that will examine the challenges faced by modern Bulgarian women. This workshop aims to help Daniella and Svetlana hone their own editing skills in order to work more effectively with local authors, and to help individual potential authors develop their book projects.
Author and MAI trainer Marion Stroud has been partnering with Mission Possible Bulgaria for years, initially encouraging the launch of Leah magazine. She will help individual writers while Alice Crider (left) leads sessions to help writers learn to self edit, refine and improve their current manuscripts.
1. The trainers won't meet until immediately before the workshop, so please pray that the two Marions and Alice bond and form an effective team very quickly.
2. That writers come with strong ideas and confidence to develop their ideas and expand them into books rather than articles.
3. There are other writers who want to come but are having difficulty gathering funds or being free to leave jobs or families for four days. Please pray that they will be there if this is God's plan for them.
4. For Daniela and Svetlana. Mission Possible is a small team, and their absence from the office will mean work builds up in their absence. Pray for them to be able to focus on the matters in hand, especially as Svetlana's husband is ill with cancer
5. That the Leah Library will become a reality and bless many women in Bulgaria
-MAI's last fiction-writing workshop in Bulgaria
-Leah magazine's ministry to women
-First contemporary Christian poetry book by Bulgarians, by Mission Possible Bulgaria